Total views : 119
Advertisements’ Influence and Antecedents of Purchase Intention towards FMCG Products in Chennai City - A Study
In today's massive influx of product availability, advertisements have become analogous to enhance the purchase intention of a potential buyer. Also advertising is a potent vehicle which creates tremendous impact in customers' mind and sentiments that quench their thrust of the products. This study aims to consider the roles of individual perception on attitude towards advertisements and brands and also its relationship with corporate credibility which yields in Purchase Intention. The study has been conducted among people of various walks of life to access the significance of Purchase intention with that of corporate credibility, attitude towards brand and advertisements.
Advertisement Influence, Brand Image, Consumer Attitude, Corporate Credibility, FMCG Products, Purchase Intention.
- Balakrishnan, L., & Kumar, C. S. (2011). Effect of celebrity based advertisements on the purchase attitude of consumers towards durable products (A study with reference to the city of Chennai). World Review of Business Research, 1(2), 98-11
- Biehal, G., Stephens, D., & Curio, E. (1992). Attitude toward the ad and brand choice. Journal of Advertising, 21(3), 19-36.
- Goldsmith, R. E., Lafferty, B. A., & Newell, S. J. (2000). The influence of corporate credibility on consumer attitudes and purchase intent. Corporate Reputation Review, 3(4), 304-318.
- Indu, R., & Jagathy Raj, V. P. (2012). Developing a theoretical framework for a study on the impact of advertising credibility of consumer healthcare products. European Journal of Commerce and Management Research, 1(1).
- Kent, R. J., & Allen, C. T. (1994). Competitive interference effects in consumer memory for advertising: the role of brand familiarity. The Journal of Marketing, 97-105.
- MacKenzie, S. B., & Lutz, R. J. (1989). An empirical examination of the structural antecedents of attitude toward the ad in an advertising pretesting context. The Journal of Marketing, 48-65.
- MacKenzie, S. B., Lutz, R. J., & Belch, G. E. (1986). The role of attitude toward the ad as a mediator of advertising effectiveness: A test of competing explanations. Journal of Marketing Research, 130-143.
- Nunnally, J. C. (1978). Psychometric theory. (2nd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Pughazhendi, A., Thirunavukkarasu, R., & Susendiran, S. (2011). A study on celebrity based advertisements on the purchase attitude of consumers towards durable products in Coimbatore city, Tamil Nadu, India. Far East Journal of Marketing and Management, 1(3), 16-27.
- Shukla, P. (2010). Effects of perceived sacrifice, quality, value, and satisfaction on behavioral intentions in the service environment. Services Marketing Quarterly, 31(4), 466-484.
- Wang, X., & Yang, Z. (2010). The effect of brand credibility on consumers’ brand purchase intention in emerging economies: The moderating role of brand awareness and brand image. Journal of Global Marketing, 23(3), 177-188.
- Yavas, U., & Abdul-Gader, A. (1993). Impact of TV commercials on Saudi children’s purchase behaviour. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 11(2), 37-43.
- There are currently no refbacks.