Total views : 469
A Study on the Motivational Level of Employees Working in the Telecommunication Industry: A Comparative Study with Specific Reference to Public and Private Sector Organizations
The growth of telecommunication sector has been increasing worldwide over the past few years. India also is not an exemption to this phenomenon with increased growth rate, employment generation and profitability. As a result, management of business also became more complex and challenging. Employees of these organizations play a pivotal role in sustaining this growth rate. The importance and necessity of employees has been emphasized by many researchers working in the field of management. This research is investigative in nature and evaluates the motivational level of employees of public and private sector organizations in the telecommunication industry. The motivational level is measured based on the perception of the sample population which is collected through questionnaire survey. The revised version of the Job Diagnostic Survey questionnaire is used for data collection for this research study. This paper also evaluates whether there are any changes in the motivational level of employees based on their gender, age, marital status, number of children and total work experience.
H-Plane T-Junction, Hybrid and Self-Reaction, Longitudinal or Inclined Slot, Open Slot Radiators, Rectangular Waveguides, VSWR.
- Afzal, F., Mahmood, K., Sherazi, S. M. R., Sajid, M. & Hassan, M. (2013). Effect of human resource planning on organizational performance of telecom sector. Information and Knowledge Management, 3(2), 173-182.
- Ali, A., Abrar, M. & Haider, J. (2012). Impact of motivation on the working performance of employees - A case study of Pakistan. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, 2(7), 328-340.
- Barthwal, P. (2004). A comparative study of work motivation among private and public sector employees. Quest, 6(3), 449-454.
- Bhatt, B. K. & Mali, V. J. (2014). A study of relationship between organizational role stress and motivation, International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, 3(4), 165-174.
- Bulgarella, C. C. (2005). Employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction: Is there a relationship? Guide Star Research White Paper, Feb, pp. 1-6.
- Buys, M. A., Olckers, C. & Schaap, P. (2007). The construct validity of the revised job diagnostic survey, South African Journal of Business Management, 38(2), 33-40.
- Chauhan, A., Goel, M. & Arora, R. G. (2014). A review on factors influencing employee motivation, EXCEL International Journal of Multidisciplinary Management Studies, 4(2), 128-143.
- Doyle, S. (2005). The Manager’s Pocket Guide to motivating employees, USA: HRD Press, pp. 14.
- Essays, U. K. (2015). Company Profile and Evaluation of Airtel’s Success, Business Essay. Retrieved Mar 2015 from http://www.ukessays.com/essays/business/company-profile-and-evaluation-of-airtels-success-business-essay.php
- Etisalat. (2014). Etisalat official website, Retrieved 9 Aug 2014 from: http://www.etisalat.com/en/careers/careers.jsp
- Fargus, P. (2000). Measuring and Improving Employee Motivation, Financial Times, Prentice Hall, pp. 37.
- Geetha, A. & Venkatramaraju, D. (2013). Role of motivation for improving organisational development, Zenith International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 3(10), 64-71.
- Gupta, S. J. and Pannu, H. K. (2013). A comparative study of job satisfaction in public and private sector, Indian Journal of Arts, 1(1), 3-6.
- Herzberg, F., Mausner, B. & Snyderman, B. B. (2010). The motivation to work. (12th ed.). USA: Transaction Publishers, pp. 111.
- IBEF. (2014). Indian Telecom Industry (2014). Retreived Aug from , http://www.ibef.org/industry/telecommunications. aspx
- IBEF (India Brand Equity Foundation). (2016). Telecom sector in India, Retreived Mar from http://www.ibef.org/industry/telecommunications.aspx
- Idaszak, J. R. & Drasgow, F. (1987). A revision of the Job Diagnostic Survey: Elimination of a measurement artifact, Journal of Applies Psychology, 72(1), 69-74.
- Insight Research (2014). The 2014 telecommunications industry review: An anthology of market facts and forecasts 2013-2018 - An industry study report, The Insight Research Corporation, Jan, pp. 3.
- Jain, S. (2013). Employer branding and its impact on CSR, motivation and retention of employees using structural equation modeling, Delhi Business Review, 14(2), 83-98.
- Lauby, S. J. (2005). Motivating Employees Information Lifeline - Tips, tools, and Intelligence for trainers, USA: ASTD Press, pp.1.
- Lovelock, C., Wirtz, J. & Chatterjee, J. (2007). Services Marketing - People, Technology Strategy and South Asian Perspective. (5th ed.). India: Pearson Education, pp. 310.
- Luthans, F. (2002). Organizational Behavior. (9th ed.). Mc Graw Hill, pp. 247.
- Malik, M. S. & Aslam, S. (2013). Performance appraisal and employee’s motivation: A comparative analysis of telecom industry of Pakistan, Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences, 33(1), 179-189.
- Pandey, P. (2014). Employee Motivation and retention - key to organizational performance - An Indian perspective, International Journal of Marketing and Technology, 4(4), 144-152.
- Podmoroff, D. (2005). 365 ways to motivate and reward your employees everyday - with little or no money, USA: Atlantic Publishing Group Inc., pp. 44-48.
- Ramasamy, T. & Ramesh, S. (2013). A study on the relationship between motivation and performance of employees of Sakthi Sugars Ltd., Sivaganga.Academicia, 3(2), 69-91.
- RCR Wireless. (2012). Report: Global telecom industry revenue to grow at 5.3% annually. Retreived from http:// www.rcrwireless.com/20120105/industry/report-globaltelecom-industry-revenue-to-grow-at-5-3-annually
- Rima, A. R. & Islam, M. R. (2013). A case study on compensation system practices in the perspective of telecom industries of Bangladesh, American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, 4(1), 1-5.
- Robbins, S. P. (2005). Organizational Behavior. (11th ed.). India: Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, pp. 170.
- Saeed, R. et al. (2013). Factors influencing job satisfaction of employees in telecom sector of Pakistan, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 16(11), 1476-1482.
- Southiseng, N. & Walsh, J. (2013). Human resource management in the telecommunications sector of Laos, International Journal of Research Studies in Management, 2(2), 3-20.
- Sudhakar, G., Kumar, G. N. K. & Kumari, G. K. (2013). Induction and employee motivation at Bharat Dynamics Ltd., Excel International Journal of Multidisciplinary Management Studies, 3(12), 82-100.
- TRAI. (2014). The Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicator Report January-March, 2014. Retreived from http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/PIRReport/Documents/Indicator%20Reports%20-%20Mar14.pdf
- Venkataratnam, C. S. & Varma, A. (1998). Challenge of change - industrial relations in Indian industry, India: Allied Publishers, pp. 405-409.
- Vodafone. (2011). Annual report 2011. Retreived from http://www.vodafone.com/content/annualreport/annual_report11/business-review/people.html
- Wlodarczyk, A. Z. (2011). Work motivation a systemic framework for a multilevel strategy, (1st ed.). USA: Author House, pp. 11.
- There are currently no refbacks.