Total views : 215
Social Armed Forces:A Comparative Analysis of the Popularity of Two US Flight Demonstration Teams on Facebook
Social media has been used by business organizations for quite some time now for purposes not limited to promote their products and services, attract new age customers and handle their grievances. Public Figures like politicians, sportsperson, etc. as well as public offices like the various government ministries are making use of the social media as a public relations medium. Interestingly, the armed forces across the globe are also adopting social media to connect with the online population. This paper attempts to undertake a comparative study of the first-looks and popularity indexes between the social media presence of two organizations which are into similar functions of conducting air flight demonstrations. The organizations under study are the United States (U.S.) Navy Blue Angels and the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.
Armed, Blue Angels, Facebook, Forces, Social, Thunderbirds, United States Air Force (USAF), US Marine Corps (USMC), US Navy.
- Martinez, L., (2013, October 22). Thunderbirds and Blue Angels to Resume Air Shows, But No More Flyovers. Retrieved from :http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/10/thunderbirds-and-blue-angels-to-resume-air-shows-but-no-more-flyovers/
- Art Jonak. (2012, April 11). Facebook “LIKES” vs “TALKING ABOUT THIS” numbers... TALKING ABOUT is the number that matters most....Retrieved from :https://www.facebook.com/notes/art-jonak/facebook-likes-vs-talking-about-this-numbers-talking-about-is-the-number-that-ma/10151465281555517/
- Decker, D., (2012, Feb 03). Measuring Facebook’s Most Engaging Pages and “People Talking about This” Percentage. Retrieved fromwww.danieldecker.net/measuring-facebooks-most-engaging-pages/
- United States Navy: Fact File - F/A-18 HORNET STRIKE FIGHTER. (2009, May 26). Retrieved fromhttp://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=1100&tid=1200&ct=1
- Bangladesh Air Force Pilot with F-16. (2014, May). Retrieved from: http://www.defencebd.com/2014/05/bangladesh-air-force-pilot-with-f-16.html
- Wg Cdr Eklund., (2015, March 25).Royal Airforce: Trading places Life as a British F-16 pilot. Retrieved from :http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/archive/trading-places-life-as-a-british-f16-pilot-25032015
- Lockheed Martin: C-130J Super Hercules Worldwide Fleet Soars Past 1 Million Flight Hours. (2013, May 14). Retrieved from:http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/news/press-releases/2013/may/0514aero-C-130j-million-flight-hours.html
- How Much Do You Know About Lockheed Martin in South America? (2016). Retrieved from:http://lockheedmartin.com/us/news/features/2016/FIDAE.html?utm_content=sf23267363& utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=twitter& utm_campaign=Lockheed+Martin&sf23267363=1
- First C-130T Now Formally Transferred to Air Force. (2016, April 12). Retrieved from http://www.update.ph/2016/04/first-c-130t-now-formally-transferred-to-air-force/4212
- Williams, C., (2010). Next Generation Avionics Solutions for Thailand and Others: A Summary of the Thailand C-130 Avionics Upgrade Program. Retrieved from: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/content/dam/lockheed/data/aero/documents/global-sustainment/product-support/ 2010HOC-Presentations/Wed_1345_Rockwell_Collins-Avionics_Solutions_for_Thailand-Chad_Williams.pdf
- Major equipment C-130H. Retrieved from :http://www.mod.go.jp/asdf/equipment/yusouki/C-130H/
- Bangladesh – C-130E Aircraft. (2012, May 22). Retrieved from :http://www.dsca.mil/sites/default/files/mas/bangledesh_ 12-09_0.pdf
- Petrescu, R. V., Petrescu, F. I., (2013). Lockheed Martin. Books on Demand GmbH, Norderstedt
- Patil, V., (2016, September 07). Indonesia Acquires Nine Australian Used C-130H Aircraft And Full Mission Simulator. Retrieved from: http://www.defenseworld.net/news/17020/Indonesia_Acquires_Nine_Australian_Used_C_130H_Aircraft_And_Full_Mission_Simulator#. V_tXS-V97IW
- Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules. (2008, November 22).Retrieved from: www.taiwanairpower.org/af/c130h.html
- Malaysia Stretch C-130H Enters Operational Deployment. (2002, November 14). Retrieved from:http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/12725/malaysianstretched-c_130h-begins-operations-(nov.-15).html
- Smith, P. C., (2010, October 01). The Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules: A Complete History. Crecy Publishing.
- There are currently no refbacks.